Craig Sawyer, AKA “Sawman,” grew up near Houston, TX and got his tactical start in the U.S. Marine Corps. He quickly transitioned to the U.S. Navy to pursue high-level Special Operations as a U.S. Navy SEAL. As an Operator at SEAL Team One, Craig gained critical combat experience in Desert Shield and Desert Storm resulting in decoration for “Heroic Service”.
Those operations included:
- The capturing of the very first prisoners of the war
- CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) Operations
- Sniper Operations
- Reconnaissance Operations
- Counter-Mine Operations
- FAV (Fast Attack Vehicle) Operations
After returning from Desert Storm, Craig served as a SEAL Sniper Instructor until being promoted to DEVGRU. While serving at SEAL Team One, Craig fought in various Martial Arts tournaments in South-East Asia, as well as SCARS (Special Combat Aggressive Reaction System) hand-to-hand training under Jerry Peterson and Lew Hicks. These experiences built upon his Martial Arts history of fighting various tournaments, such as the Karate Olympics tournaments in Houston, TX and one year of formal boxing under Henry & Jim Harris.
- All operations and activity while assigned to DEVGRU remain classified and are not represented here.
After serving in the Navy, Craig signed on as one of the “Original 33” Federal Air Marshals, who were in place prior to the 9/11 attacks against the U.S. Craig remained there for 5 years reaching the management rank of J-Payband ATSAC (GS-14). At that point, Craig began contracting in the various combat zones, running tactical teams and protecting high-level U.S. Dignitaries.
In the realm of “International High-Threat, Mobile Security”, Craig has served as Agent In Charge, contracting for the U.S. Dept of State and other U.S. Gov’t agencies running the specialized teams responsible for providing mobile security for their high-ranking officials while in high-threat war zones. Some of those officials have been:
- U.S. Senators Hilary Clinton and John McCain
- U.S. Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld
- U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte
- Other U.S. Ambassadors and various, key U.S. leaders.
- Other specialized training and experience in this area remains classified.
- *NOTE: Professional protection of official U.S. dignitaries while on duty overseas DOES NOT necessarily indicate personal endorsement of each dignitary.
Craig still remains operationally active in multiple roles. In addition, he often instructs various advanced training courses under his Tactical Insider banner.
In Hollywood, Craig has made a name for himself in many household and challenging shows:
- Most frequent “Expert” on all 5 seasons of History Channel’s TOP SHOT
- Team Leader and voice for Animal Planet’s BATTLEGROUND: RHINO WARS
- Military Channel’s DEADLIEST TECH: SPEC OPS
- History Channel’s SNIPER: DEADLIEST MISSIONS
- History Channel’s (H2) TOP GUNS
- Craig co-starred in a new movie for 2016, Army Dog, with Casper Van Dien
- Virtually every major television news station and morning talk show, including THE TODAY SHOW, FOX & FRIENDS, MORNING JOE, CBS EVENING NEWS, FOX NEWS, THE DYLAN RADIGAN SHOW, etc.
- There are 2 new feature films going into production with Craig as Tach Advisor, Co-Producer, and/or Actor.
- GunnyTime season 4 is already in production with Craig co-starring with R Lee Ermey
Non-Profit: Craig has recently launched Veterans For Child Rescue, which is a task force of senior veterans of the counter-terrorist, intelligence, federal law enforcement, international counter-poaching and film & television communities who are dedicated to expose and help combat abusive child sex trafficking rings in order to create a brighter future for the children. www.vets4childrescue.org
On the promotional front, Craig has had several commercials, including Pelican Pro, and Invicta Watch’s Coalition Forces line. Craig was selected to represent:
- The cover of Soldier of Fortune magazine
- An Ambassador for L.A.G. Tactical holsters, SAS Suppressors, Pelican Pro, U.S. Patriot Tactical, NFW Watches, The front man for POF’s American Patriot campaign, as well as dozens of other magazine covers, interviews, articles, photo shoots and catalog ads for various tactical products.